Monday, February 16, 2015

Hurrah!!

No, I haven't caught anything. I haven't even been fishing. The last couple of weeks have been filled with work, problem solving, and waiting around for deliveries - one of which was a box full of large Lureweave meshes! Which meant another day taken up dying the things...


It's a right messy process involving dye (surprisingly..), salt, and hot water in what does a good imitation of a tea urn - probably because it is a tea urn! This time I remembered to wear gloves so my hands didn't turn as green as the meshes. Once dyed the things have to be dried, which can't involve too much heat or the meshes go crinkly. You can probably guess how I know that...

That means they have to be hung up. Naturally the day of the dying was rainy. The garage was cold. The result being that once sufficient green water had dripped off the meshes hung from the garage roof beams they were brought inside to hang over the bath. I am now a very subtle shade of green all over.

Another potential cause for celebration is that I have my webshop back on line with a functioning checkout. I hope. I was told I'd be notified when the missing checkout was reinstated, but I found out when I decided to go look for myself. Thanks a bunch. Thanks too for putting all my prices up by a few pence resulting in me having to alter them all individually to be correct. That's what I've spend this evening doing. What a palaver. Fingers crossed things are back to normal. If they are I'll be working on the way the webshop looks next. All the fonts have gone haywire for one thing. Still, there do seem to be a few improvements - like the possibility of zoomed in views of products. Although I've not activated that yet as it'll mean taking new photos. One step at a time!

I thought I'd post the picture below as it's the closest I've come to catching a fish this year!


 Odd people, carp anglers...